Who I am


1. Short Hair
    My hair has several special meanings to me. As a normal middle school student, I finished the interview for KMLA and because I was so happy, I needed a way to express it. Instantly, I came up with an idea of cutting my hair. So the girl who has never done any hair except for a straight long hair, cut her hair short-cut. From then, I fell in love with my hair. I believe that this hair perfectly represents my personality. Since I was young, I didn't like pinky things such as princess or barbie dolls. Instead, I memorized the name of cars, and played with legos. I have always liked goofing around and playing sports, but with my long hair, it became strange for me to do the things I like as I became older. But after cutting my hair, now I can fully express myself, and I finally became truly happy with my short hair.

2. Music
     Music has been the very best comforter of my life. Whenever I feel gloomy or sad, I listen to music, and whenever I feel alone, I listen to music. I listen to music so much that sometimes during the exams, I become gloomy because I can't listen to music as I did before. My music spectrum is very wide: classic, indie, R&B, ballad, and even rock, sometimes. I also enjoy creating music too, by singing or sometimes composing.

3. Terri Han
     Terri is the name of my sister, my only sibling, and the one I trust the most. She is my best friend, and we know the best about each other. So when I go home, we go to hangang together and walk for almost two hours, talking to each other about random subjects. We have never fought since I was 9 years old, and last year, we even went on a trip together last December to Japan by ourselves. If it were not for my sister, I wouldn't have been able to survive in KMLA. I was able to learn a lot, and also achieve much inner-development thanks to my sister.

4. Sports
   I love sports. I have done soccer and basketball when in middle school, and I have even also thought of going to high school with soccer since my team won first place in the whole Seoul. At present, I am a member of KMLA Softball as a pitcher, and we won third place in the national competition twice.

5. Stage
     As a member of the SYNERGY, one of the bands in KMLA, I was able to be on stage several times, and instantly I fell in love with the stage. I enjoy singing in front of people or talking in front of people. Some people may call me '관종' but I have to admit that term in terms of being on the stage since I still hope to be on stage even though I have 'retired' from the band already.

6. Indie
     The reason I put indie as a separate part of essay even though I already wrote about what music is to me is that indie is my favorite genre of music, and it helped me in diverse aspects. When I read books I usually listen to indie and most of the songs I like to sing is also indie. I believe that this genre of music also formed an atmosphere and personality of the person "Jane Han." Whenever I am in bed and resting, I like to search through hidden indie musicians and listen to there songs.
My favorite song - Gondry by hyukoh.

7. Eternal Sunshine
“How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d”
The best movie of all my life. It taught me what love is, and formed my own philosophy of love.  Such a beautiful movie.

8. People
     I enjoy getting along with people and getting to know each person. That is also the reason I participated in the TEDx, and love the stage so much. I like how I can communicate with such a large number of people through music or talking. This tendency to love standing in front of people affected me in a lot of aspects: I participated in the student council, became a vocal of the band and stood on the stage, participated in TEDx, and so on.
9. Two shades of Jane
     I am an extrovert and also an introvert at the same time. As I said, I like being with people and standing in front of them. However, I also like to be on my own sometimes and just listen to music or read books. I think I become an extrovert when with many people, but when I am in a small group or private places, I become extremely quiet.
10. Seoul
     Seoul is my favorite city. I lived in Seoul since I was born. I love wandering around Seoul, and even though Seoul is packed and noisy, I like the fact that Seoul is both noisy and quiet at the same time. In some places, Seoul is very packed, but in other places, it has some quiet and calm places. Whenever I am bored, I go anywhere I would like to go that day. I like going to a random subway station and exploring that area.
11. Minority
     I have always sympathized a lot with the minorities. I cry a lot when I watch videos related to people who are in bad living condition or in difficulties in their life. This kind of sympathy towards the minorities also shaped my dream: to change the social structure. Also, I really love doing volunteer work. I used to go to the disabled daycare center every week when in middle school, and I am currently in 3 volunteer clubs.

12. Sociology
     I hope to major Sociology after graduating high school. I may have been affected by my father, who is a sociologist. I enjoy talking about social issues or matters related to sociology with my father at night over a can of beer. I like the fact that I get to study the world we are living in when studying sociology.
13. Family
     I have one sister, father, and mother. Both of my parents are professors, so I used to feel a lot of pressure in terms of academic things since both of them are so smart. Since I have already talked about my sister, I would like to talk about my parents.
14. Carol
15. Movie
16. French
17. Travel
18. Jam
19. Clothes
20. Night Sky
21. Analog
22. Books
23. Note/Writing
24. Belmont
25. Wanderer
26. Fun
27. Food
28. Han Gang
29. Fears
30. My precious ones

댓글

가장 많이 본 글